Please see below for our standard terms and conditions of booking.
1. A provisional reservation will be accepted and held for a maximum of 7 days. If confirmation of the booking and a deposit are not received within this period the reservation may be released without notice.
2. A deposit of £300 is required to confirm a booking. The balance of monies due is payable at least 30 days before the date reserved.
3. Any drinks consumed should be paid for at the end of the trip. Overdue accounts are liable to a surcharge of 2% per calendar month or part thereof.
4. All instructions concerning the supply of food and drinks must be made at least 2 weeks before the date reserved. Instructions can only be accepted from one organiser or representative. The Company reserves the right to refuse to accept changes after this date.
5. Customers wishing to run a bar account must be specific regarding any exclusions eg. Champagne, Spirits, Double measures etc.
6. Parents are responsible for the safety and behaviour of their children. Lifejackets are available and will be produced on request.
7. In the interests of safety, it is recommended that children wear lifejackets and are accompanied by an adult when using any open deck.
8. Dogs are not allowed on board with the exception of properly trained Guide Dogs.
9. Cancellation. Any refund of a deposit is at the sole discretion of the Company.
10. Any deposit will be refunded provided 3 weeks written notice of cancellation be given by the Customer. The Customer will be liable for any balance of the Boat Hire and the cost of any goods or services reserved on the Customers behalf should cancellation, for any reason whatsoever, take place during the 3 weeks prior to the date reserved unless the vessel and all services reserved are re-booked.
11. Customers are permitted to bring their own food or drink aboard by prior arrangement with the Company. A one off charge of £24 will be made to cover cleaning, ice and rubbish disposal.
12. Neither the Company nor any of its employees or agents shall be liable for any injury, damage, loss, illness, accident or delay to persons embarked or their possessions howsoever caused, whether sustained on board the vessel or whilst embarking/ disembarking, save insofar as it results from their proven negligence. Passengers use vessels, steps, gangplanks, open decks, handrails, landing stages etc. at their own risk.
13. The Company may at the discretion of the Skipper vary the course of the voyage should circumstances in their opinion so necessitate. The Company does not guarantee that any vessel will commence or complete any journey or part thereof in any given time or if conditions render it unsafe to cruise, i.e. fog, flood, fast water, etc. While the Company will endeavour to conform with the reasonable requests of the Customer, of which the Skipper shall alone be the sole judge, they accept no liability for any loss or inconvenience, damage or injury from failure to convey any member or members of a party howsoever caused.
14. The Skipper is in sole charge of the vessel at all times and all passengers are under his / her jurisdiction whilst on board. Any person behaving in a manner likely to cause danger to the safety of themselves, others or the vessel will be asked to disembark.
15. In accordance with the Environment Agency (Thames Region) bylaws, all music must be stopped when passing through or waiting for a lock. Customers are requested to prevent their guests from making undue noise when passing through locks, particularly at night.
16. Losses, damage and breakages to any fixtures, fittings or equipment, particularly Safety Equipment eg. Lifebuoys thrown overboard and lost will be charged for. Also included is the excessive breakages of glasses.
17. It is the responsibility of the Customer to acquaint every member of their party with the above Conditions of Hire.